Task 1. The Client
Compose a succinct description of a client. This is an invented client. Could be a composite of many people you have known. You might consider a superhero or famous movie character or even someone from Shakespeare’s plays. No matter what client you decide you can also decide on their age, decide if you want to work with your client as a child (5-11 yr), or an adolescent (12-17 yr), or young adult (18 – 30), or midlife(30- 50), or a senior, past 50.
Task #2 Key Terms: Transference, Countertransference, Co-transference
Reflect: What do these terms mean? How are they relevant to the client and to the therapist and to therapy?
Task – Locate definitions for these three terms, use at least two different sources. Quote the definitions and fully cite. For example, use APA’s web site, a psychology dictionary, an encyclopedia, peer reviewed articles, videos. Avoid relying on general web sites like SimplyPsychology. Instead search for the terms and look for academic or professional web sites. Each of the three terms should have at least two definitions fully cited. For example, for the term Transference, you might have one definition from Wikipedia and one from APA.
Task #3 Expressive Therapies
Background: There are many expressive therapies used within all the mental health professions. Expressive therapies are used along with the therapist’s main treatment approach. Examples of expressive therapies include: art therapy, play therapy, drama therapy, music and poetry, and movement therapies. These all require specialized training for use with clients. If you approach your client with a psychodynamic/ psychoanalytic therapy, you might use traditional analytic techniques, maybe dream interpretation or psychoanalysis or hypnosis, and if trained you could also use an expressive therapy, if appropriate, such as art or play therapy.
Task – Locate two expressive therapies you might use with the client above. Define and fully cite and state why you might use these with your invented client. Stay with the definitions and descriptions of the actual expressive therapy for giving your reason for use; not something you make up – like it might be fun or interesting.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.