All answers must have 5-7 sentences each, must be in own words
1. What is solar radiation? Explain with help of plank’s energy distribution (spectrum) diagram.
2. How do you calculate total irradiance from the sun?
3. Explain Stefan-Boltzmann law, Weins displacement law, and inverse square law.
4. Calculate total energy emitted by sun. (find energy emitted per unit area using S-B law, then multiply that with surface area of sun)_
5. Calculate total energy emitted by earth.
6. What is solar irradiance and what is its value on the surface of the earth.
7. Explain a) scattering b) absorption and c) reflection of solar radiation
8. Explain the phenomena selective absorption in the atmosphere.
9. Explain the terms a) irradiation b) radiosity c) Insolation d) solar constant
10. Explain summer and winter solstice
11. Explain monthly insolation at different latitudes on the surface.
12. What is solar altitude angle and azimuth angle?
13. What is daily insolation and how do you calculate it. What are factor influencing it?
14. Explain with a diagram the ‘physics’ behind a flat solar collector.
15. How do you calculate energy absorbed and lost by a receiver of flat plate collector.
16. Explain specular, diffuse and general deflection of light.
17. How do you calculate energy ultimately absorbed in a flat plate collector.
18. What is Heat removal factor
19. How do you calculate efficiency of a flat plat collector?
20. For a flat plate collector if the transmittity, absorptivity and reflectivity are respectively 0.7, 0.8 and 0.7 respectively. Calculate the fraction of solar energy ultimately absorbed.
21. The flat plate collector in Q20 has area 20 m2. Solar radiation intensity available to the plate is 200W/m2. Calculate the amount of radiation absorbed by the plate.
22. For the same collector, if the surface temperature is 80oC and ambient temperature is 25oC. The overall heat transfer co-efficient is 15W/m2oC. Calculate the heat loss to surrounding from the collector
23. Calculate energy utilized by the absorber
24. Water is used to remove heat from the collector. The temperature of fluid at inlet and out let of the collector is 20 and 89oC respectively. Calculate the mass flow rate required.
25. Calculate the heat removal factor for the collector
26. Calculate collector efficiency
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.